Friday, July 8, 2011

Cruise-NYC

After Tortola there were a couple nights left on the ship before arriving in NYC. The next couple days went by in a joyous blur filled with swimming, eating, and drinking. Before we knew it, we were back in New York. After packing up, and stuffing our suitcases with souvenirs and clothes it was time to make our way home. After a lovely breakfast and waiting for our time to be called, it was time to say goodbye to the cruise. It went by too fast for me, I wished we had another 10 more days of cruising left, but that was not possible, and our taxi was already waiting to bring us home.

The ride home involved a little bit of traffic, and a lot of talking by our driver. He went on to state that he wanted to plan a cruise with his family, and continuously told us about the cruise he had gone on with a bunch of friends a few years back. We also heard about his family, and how he was quite upset that his wife just sold his motorcycle without asking. He was an outgoing person, and his stories were enjoyable, but it was clear seeing us after a cruise had convinced him to book a cruise himself.

Before long I was back home. I was very happy to see my dog and distribute souvenirs to my family. I was also excited to use my new coach purse I got on the trip as a late Christmas present. Every time I wear the purse I will always think of St. Thomas and the amazing cruise of new adventures. I cannot wait for my next trip, and the many adventures that are yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment